Jessica is a member of , ’s Civil Litigation practice. Her practice focuses on employment disputes and counseling. Jessica joined in 2011. Prior to joining , , Jessica was an associate at a California-based law firm handling both general litigation and employment matters.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law. Juris Doctor, 2005, cum laude, Order of the Coif.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, 2002, High Honors
- California State Bar, 2005
- United States District Court, Eastern and Northern Districts
Speaking Engagements and Articles
- Tips to Avoid Getting Ensnared in the Web of Increased Enforcement, 11/12/2010, presented on heightened employer regulation by administrative agencies and how to handle administrative investigations
- Stay Ahead: 2011 Emerging Employment Issues, 2/23/2011 and 2/24/2011, presented on updates in discrimination law and EEOC enforcement
- Stay Ahead: 2009 Emerging Employment Issues, 1/20/2009, presented on updates in employment-related legislation
- EEOC Narrows the “Reasonable Factors Other than Age” Defense Under the ADEA
- Jessica has broad litigation and trial experience in both employment and general litigation matters. Her practice focuses on representing management in labor and employment actions, including wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination and wage and hour class action suits. She also has experience advising employers with respect to compliance with both state and federal laws pertaining to a variety of employment issues.
- Jessica has participated in all aspects of trial preparation, including drafting and arguing motions in limine, jury selection, witness preparation, and drafting and arguing bench briefs and post-trial motions. She has also presented argument before the California Court of Appeal.
- Responsible for all aspects of discovery, including drafting discovery, taking and defending depositions of parties, treating physicians, and percipient third-party witnesses, and resolving discovery disputes.
Awards and Honors
- Named Northern California “Rising Star,” for Employment Litigation 2009 and 2010 by San Francisco Magazine
Hobbies and Interests
- Traveling, creative writing and music of all kinds