Catherine is an independent practitioner who associates with , , P.C. on employment litigation matters. Catherine has defended numerous corporate clients in jury trials involving wage and hour overtime claims and various discrimination and wrongful termination disputes.
- Occidental College, B.A., Political Science, 1987
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1991
- California State Courts, 1991
- United States District Court, Northern and Central Districts of California
- New York State Courts, 2009
Experience & Achievements
- Prevailed in jury trial on behalf of national staffing corporation involving claims of breach of contract, fraud, and racial discrimination brought by a subcontracting company seeking $15 million in damages.
- Prevailed in jury trial involving wage and hour overtime claims against national retailer.
- Prevailed in court trial involving Business and Professions Code section 17200 issues arising from wage and hour overtime claims.
- Represented retailers, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies against sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and discrimination claims.
- Managed and settled state class action involving wage and hour overtime claims against national retailer.
- Prevailed in court trials and arbitrations arising from commercial lease disputes, claims against homeowner association, and sales of real estate.
- Represented developers and contractors in real estate development and construction disputes, including construction defects, payment and performance issues, indemnity claims, and insurance coverage.
- Defended corporation in securities fraud action arising from undisclosed insider trading by officer, and litigated officer and director liability and indemnity issues.
Interests and Hobbies
- President, Harnas African Wildlife Rescue, a California non-profit supporting a wildlife sanctuary in Namibia.
- Tennis, golf, piano, classical music, and wildlife conservation.
- Catherine had formerly been a partner at Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP and also had operated her own practice.