Annmarie is a member of , ’s Civil Litigation practice. Her practice focuses on employment, personal injury, and construction disputes. Annmarie joined in 2004.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., May 2001
- Dean’s List
- Senior Comments Editor, Santa Clara Law Review
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. in Political Science, June 1998
- Graduated Cum Laude and with Letters and Sciences College Honors
- Copy Editor, Daily Bruin
- California State Bar, 2001
- United States District Court, all California Districts, 2003
- Annmarie Liermann and , and their co-authors, won the distinguished G. Duffield Smith Outstanding Publication Award for their 2008 article – “Making the Possible Impossible: Medicare Reimbursement Problems”, which was published in the February 2008 edition of For The Defense. This award, given annually by DRI, was formally presented at DRI’s October 2009 Annual Meeting, held this year in Chicago. Read the article HERE
- Co-Author, “Medicare Reimbursement Problems: Making the Possible Impossible, Defense Research Institute,” February 2008.Download PDF
- Co-Author, Medicare Paper, October 2007.Download PDF
- Author, “Seeking Sovereignty, the Akaka Bill and the Case for the Inclusion of Hawaiians in Federal Native American Law,” 41 Santa Clara Law Review 509 (2001).
- “Making the Possible Impossible: Medicare Reimbursement Problems” – February 2008 edition of For The Defense. Annmarie Liermann and , and their co-authors, won the distinguished G. Duffield Smith Outstanding Publication Award for this article. Read it HERE
- Litigate on behalf of mostly retail clients regarding various issues of law, including employment, personal injury, and pharmacy malpractice, before state and federal courts.
- Represent clients in administrative agencies, including the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, and various local agencies, by drafting position statements, providing documents to dispute proposed penalties and resolve violations, and appearing at pre-hearing conferences.
- Responsible for all aspects of discovery, including drafting discovery, taking and defending depositions of parties, treating physicians, and percipient third-party witnesses, and resolving discovery disputes.
- Successfully prosecuted motions for summary judgment and demurrers, from drafting moving papers through final argument, that completely disposed of cases, three of which resulted in published verdicts.
- Draft writs for mandate and a respondentâ€™s brief in the California Court of Appeal.
- Successfully represented a client in a binding labor arbitration.
- Attended mediations and settlement conferences.
- Treasurer and Director, Academy of Hawaiian Arts, Oakland, Spring 2007 to Present: Manage all finances, including payroll and local and federal tax requirements, for a non-profit corporation focusing on preserving Hawaiian culture through dance, language, music, and craft programs.
- Participant, Habitat For Humanity Global Village Build in Kaitaia, New Zealand, October 2007: Assist in the build a modest home for a family of five in northern New Zealand, including work on the frame, roof, insulation, and floor.
Affiliations and Memberships
Student, Academy of Hawaiian Arts
Hobbies and Interests
- Dances casually and for competition in the Academy of Hawaiian Arts hula troupe, which focuses on Hawaiian culture, dance and language.
- Sewing of crafts and costumes.