Mary Bosworth recently won a cancellation of removal case for her client, an elderly gentleman from Nigeria suffering from HIV and a serious brain injury, which resulted in severe memory loss. The client had been arrested and put into deportation proceedings, after agreeing to an ill-advised plea bargain in state criminal court.
Ms. Bosworth was able to persuade the Immigration Judge to permit the gentleman to remain in the US with his US citizen wife and family and maintain his green card. Needless to say, his wife was overjoyed.
- KHK Client Settles Case Against Catamaran PBM for $680,000
- Pre-trial settlements by one defendant lead to issue for the non-settling parties
- The “New” Evidence. . .Email And Other Electronic Communications Can Define A Company’s Defense In An Employment Discrimination Lawsuit
- Jonathan Named One of San Francisco’s & Southern California’s Top Lawyers
- Third District Court of Appeal says all wage and Labor Code 98.7 retaliation claims MUST be pursued before the Labor Commissioner before suit can be filed
- Recent Victory in Immigration Court for HIV+ Man from Nigeria