and Jennifer Kaplan prevailed on a motion for forum non-conveniens on behalf of Penske Truck Leasing in a case arising out of the rental and reported theft of a Penske vehicle. The Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles ruled in favor of Penske, holding that the facts of the case (which arose out of a vehicle rental in Nevada) did not have sufficient connection to California to justify litigating the case in California.
- KHK Client Settles Case Against Catamaran PBM for $680,000
- Pre-trial settlements by one defendant lead to issue for the non-settling parties
- The “New” Evidence. . .Email And Other Electronic Communications Can Define A Company’s Defense In An Employment Discrimination Lawsuit
- Jonathan Named One of San Francisco’s & Southern California’s Top Lawyers
- Third District Court of Appeal says all wage and Labor Code 98.7 retaliation claims MUST be pursued before the Labor Commissioner before suit can be filed
- Recent Victory in Immigration Court for HIV+ Man from Nigeria